prepared for Mike Garvey on July 9, 2014
Welcome to our Jennifer’s CaringBridge site. We’ve created it to keep friends and family updated. We appreciate your support and words of hope and encouragement during this time when it matters most.
Stairway to heaven…………
May 16, 2014
Family and Friends
Jennifer lost her battle with brain cancer on Tuesday Wednesday May 14th, 2014. Immediately following her passing, her mother Maggie wrote the below for our family and friends.
“Today my sweet angel Jennifer lost her battle with cancer, she died this morning peacefully. Jennifer was the sweetest and most courageous person that I have ever met. She never complained about her illness, always had a beautiful smile and tried to console others around her. Mike and I will miss her terribly but we know she is in a truly wonderful place now and is no longer in pain. Our beautiful angel Jennifer will always watchover all of us.”
One of Jennifer’s last requests was to start a foundation to help others not have to experience her debilitating disease, Glioblastoma Multiforme brain cancer. In collaboration with Inova HealthFoundation, our family has set up a tax-deductible foundation designated to support the Brain Cancer Research of Dr. Allen E. Waziri within the Department of Neurosciences at Inova Fairfax Hospital.
If you’re considering making a financial donation to a charitable organization this year, please consider the Inova Health Foundation’s fund for brain cancer research.
Credit Card Donations: https://foundation.inova.org/thompsonmemorial
Checks can be made to: InovaHealth System Foundation
8110 Gatehouse Road 200E
Falls Church, VA 22042
Check MEMO – 301-Dr. Waziri’s Brain Cancer Research Fund
Please help us honor Jennifer’s request to find a cure for GBM and save another brain cancer patient. Special thanks to our family and friends for having been there for us during Jennifer’s journey.
Maggie and Mike, Jennifer always had and always will hold a very special place in our hearts. It was a blessing and a true gift from God to have known her. We will honor her memory as you have requested. God Bless you both, Glenn and Linda
—Glenn Easterly, May 16, 2014
Done ! I love you guys ! Praying you get through this trying time .
—Lisa Bennett, May 16, 2014
Mags & Mike, I am at a loss for words now, but wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you so much and wish I could give yu both a big hug right now. As awful as Jen’s illness was, please have comfort in knowing you did everything you could to make her comfortable. You surrounded her with love and support for her final journey home… what a gift you gave her.. And now you have the gift of precious memories which will unfold and become clearer with each day. My heart goes out to you and I am so sorry this had to happen. Bless Jen’s soul and give her peace. Much love, Jean
—Jean Jones, May 16, 2014
Jennifer will be missed grearly by her family and friends. Our prayers are with your family.
—michelle mackall, May 16, 2014
2.5 Weeks in and still keeping the FAITH
February 8, 2014 Family & Friends
I hope everyone is well and thank all of you for your posts and prayers for Jen, you are all truly GOD’s gift to all of us.
Jennifer is now 2.5 weeks into radiation/chemo treatments and after all of that she still manages to keep a positive outlook on the future.
M-F we take her to radiation treatment at Lake Manassas Cancer Center which will last for a total of 6 weeks then she will have to discontinue treatments. She also takes chemo daily for the next 6 months then will take a break until she is reevaluated to determine next steps.
We’re unsure where Jens journey will take us next but we stand by her side and make every day as good as possible.
Jen continues to tell us she will fight her cancer no matter what twists and turns the cancer brings her which isn’t a surprise for anyone who knows Jen.
Thanks as always for everyone’s support she is blessed to have all of you in her life. Mike
Jennifer, the Mackalls, Gazdas and Fronks are all behind you and have you in our prayers. Stay strong as you already are and know you are loved.
—michelle mackall, February 22, 2014
Praying for you Jen, keep up the good work! Love you three, bless you. JJ
—Jean Jones, February 21, 2014
Sending thoughts, prayers and lots of love to you all.- Melissa
—Melissa Lawrence, February 9, 2014
Fight on my friend! We are rooting for you hugs xo
—Molly McDonnell Smith, February 9, 2014
Thanks for the update, Mike. I’m praying for you all and a big hug from me & Buddy. Keep the spirit Jen….Love you, JJ
—Jean Jones, February 8, 2014
Sending our love and prayers to all of you xo
—Bonnie Dick, February 8, 2014
Jen you are a fighter and we will stand by you as well. We continue to pray for healing. Stay strong and we love you!
—Shawn, Brian, Hannah and Cara, February 8, 2014
What a fighter!! I love your spirit, Jennifer. I hope you’re feeling strong. Just want to send our love your way. Hang in there!! The McDs
—ann mcdonald, February 8, 2014
Keep the faith ! Praying every day ,love you guys !!
—Lisa Bennett, February 8, 2014
The next step – Journey of Courage (1.19.2014)
January 19, 2014
Hello Family and Friends – hell all of you are family!!
I wanted to first apologize that none of you have had a reply from Jennifer, but we’ve been reading your posts to her and she thanks and loves all of you. As you can imagine, she really doesn’t have enough energy to barely eat and go to her medical appointments much less that we can motivate her to log on and respond to the 150+ guestbook well wishes. I hope that none of you are discouraged she’s just not doing well these days.
PLEASE keep the well wishes, thoughts and prayers coming she’s needs the good vibes that all of you are
sending. Thank you so much.
As the title of this journal message indicates, Jennifer is about to embark on her next steps in fighting her GBM tumor\cancer so I wanted to title it as such and highlight the word “COURAGE” because it will take every bit of fortitude in her solid to make it through this stage.
Jennifer’s tumor is coming back with a vengeance so her neurosurgeon, radiologist and oncologist have huddled up together and decided to attack the GBM tumor\cancer with full force. Starting Tuesday 1.21.2014 , Jennifer will not only begin her 6 weeks of radiation but will start her chemo treatments in parallel. The short term result will take her to her knees but as we all know Jennifer she is a fighter and still tells me she’s in it to for the long haul. All she wants is to have “some quality time” to feel good enough to “live” to enjoy life as it once was
i.e. to catch a movie, go out to dinner, laugh and not be bed ridden. We’re going to get her there and some if GOD is willing!!
I do have to give major kudos to her mom Mags who has taken incredible care of Jennifer. Maggie gives Jennifer daily injections in her PICC line with antibiotics and continues to be her advocate with SSA, medical team, MEDICAID and directly involved in her medical decision making. Her latest hurdle was being faced with having to figure out how to pay for her chemo medication Temozolomide which specifically targets brain cancer and is extremely expensive ($6K for 30 tablets). Due to the fact that Jennifer’s MEDICAID has not yet kicked in we were looking into all options to pay for the drug. Maggie decided to work with MERCK directly, as well their medical assistance program and damn if she didn’t convince them to give Jennifer a 2 year supply of Temozolomide for FREE.
YES THERE IS A GOD AND HE LIVES IS ALL OF US!!!!!
There have been so many guardian angles along the way during this past 3 months that I can’t even begin to name all of them and half of them came in and out of our lives so quickly that we can only thank GOD for them without recalling their names.
Those of you who know Maggie and I we have an incredible amount of faith in GOD and have seen more examples of his presence for Jennifer and us as care givers that we’re overwhelmed with his grace.
I have to run, but wanted to provide all of you an update and again “keep the faith”! As Maggie and I have learned, taking one day or one hour at a time is real and hope everyone out there as you live your lives gives that a lot of thought.
GOD bless all of you Mike
Loving you all and can’t wait to see you soon!
—Sabine Campbell, February 11, 2014
Well Hi Yall! Thanks for the invite to the site, what a wonderful way to stay in touch and get the latest progress reports.. My heart and prayers are with you, and Jen, keep up the good work, and good spirits! You are so blessed to have so much love and a caring family (especially Mike & Mags) to surround you and care for you. Family is the best medicine anyone can have.. I hope I can stop by in the near future and give you all a big hug and spend some time with you. I promise to bring a home baked chocolate something for your sweet tooth! God bless you all.. Much love and prayers coming your way, JJ
—Jean Jones, January 31, 2014
Hey you guys, we are all rooting for you on your next journey. Jen, start eating lots of asparagus ground up, in your cereal, in your tea or chocolate covered!!!!!!!There have been great results, so eat till you poop greeeeeeeeen!!!! we love you! Linda, Jeff and Leslie….I’m not sure they will want their name attached to this!!
—linda lau, January 26, 2014
Mike, Thank you for all the updates and love and Maggie Thank you for ALL that you do & being so strong for Jennifer. And Jennifer. .. I was reading this post and started thinking about the time when we were playing volleyball against each other in Manassas and you ran up the bleachers to save the ball and knocked the hell out of it! You saved the game earning the name Thumper. I pray that you do the same thing to this tumor. .. knock the hell out of it! I’ll be on my knees praying for you. I love you bunches! You’re in all my thoughts.
GOD bless you! Hugs and kisses. Go Thumper!!!
—Serena Toia, January 20, 2014
Hi, Jennifer. Just wanted to let you know you’re in my thoughts and prayers as you start your next treatment tomorrow. Wishing you lots of strength and courage. You are very blessed to have the wonderful support of your Mom and Mike and they will be a wonderful source of extra strength to get you through. Lots of love and hugs to you all. – Melissa
—Melissa Lawrence, January 20, 2014
Dear Jennifer, Maggie and Mike, I know this a hard time for all of you, but each time we talk and manage to find something to laugh about is a joy. Tomorrow does start a tough road, but Gingersnap I know you can do it, with the love of your mom, Mike, family and friends. God is there watching over you with angels, and we all prayer for God to keep you in his tender loving care. Keep the faith, trust and courage going, we all love you so much. Aunt Linda
—Linda Hoffmann, January 20, 2014
Keep up the fight Jenn ! I love you ! Love you Mike and Maggie !
—Lisa Bennett, January 19, 2014
God bless and we love you all. You are always in our daily prayers. Love to you all! Gavin, Sabine, Killian & Teagan
—Sabine Campbell, January 19, 2014
January 3, 2014
If anyone has any old\new photo’s of Jennifer and you’d like to share please feel free to upload them I know she would appreciate it.
Awesome photos. Just love seeing you guys!
—Sabine Campbell, January 3, 2014
Happy New Year!!!!
January 3, 2014 Hello Everyone
We all wanted to wish you a Happy New Year and offer our gratitude for thetremendous out pouring of thoughts and prayers for Jennifer.
Today, Jennifer felt good enough to sit up in bed and meet with some visitors,as well login for the first time to this site. Needless to say, she wasoverwhelmed with the guestbook posts by everyone. We’re officially at100………unbelievable.
Jennifer said she’d reach out to everyone over the weekend and begin her ownpersonal correspondence with all of her loved ones.
Monday, she gets most of her stiches removed and we are finally setting upappointments with Oncologists to begin the second phase of her journey withcancer to get things under control so she can have some form of normalcy.
This week I’ll be jumping back into the work game after 5 weeks of hospitalduty and happily taking care of Jennifer so if I miss some updates pleaseexcuse my tardiness.
I hope that everyone has a healthy, happy and prosperous New Year and pleasecontinue to send your cheer to Jennifer.
December 31, 2013 Hello Everyone
We thought that yesterday was the day to finally bring Jennifer home from the hospital AGAIN but as soon as I arrived to pick her up at 4pm the nurse stepped in her room and said that Dr. Waziri needed to perform one more last minute surgery to repair the shunt line in her stomach.
In earlier journals I described a surgery that placed a cerebral shunt on her brain to allow fluid drainage to empty into her abdomen to avoid pressure build up. The surgery was a success but in certain situations the drain in the abdomen will move outside if the abdomen and reset it the fatty tissue under the epidermal layer of the skin.
Jennifer had her surgery at 8:30pm and seems to be doing well and yes we’ll have her home for New Year.
Thanks again to everyone for writing posts to Jennifer that includes well wishes, thoughts and prayers. We’re in hopes that this will be the final setback so she can begin her next journey towards chemo and radiation to provide much needed stability in her life.
On a final note: please don’t take any day or loved ones for granted and tell them you love them every day. May peace both with all of you and Happy New Year!!!
You sweet girl, you have been put through hell! I’m so sorry you have to go through this. Remember that we care about you, and you are not alone. You deserve a huge hug!
—ann mcdonald, December 31, 2013
Mike, Maggie and Jennifer – we are hopeful this is the last surgery and the best will be starting soon. We love you all very much! You are all in our prayers today and always.
—Sabine Campbell, December 31, 2013
Back in INOVA Fairfax Hospital 12.27.13
December 29, 2013 Hello everyone
Jennifer had to go back to the hospital Friday night due to a new leak through her stitches. Things are looking good as of today and we believe she’ll be back home tomorrow Monday 12.30.13.
Thanks to everyone for your posts and again I hope that Jennifer will be able to pick this up and get back to everyone soon.
Happy New Year!!
Just wanted to let the three of you know that I am always thinking of you and that HOME is the best place to start any and all healing
—Lee Martin, December 30, 2013
12.26.13 Updates for Jennifer
December 26, 2013
Hello Everyone – Happy Holidays – Merry “Post”Christmas
I apologize for the delayed journal updates but we’ve been a little busy lately:-).
I wanted to update everyone with a reader’s digest version on how Jennifer isdoing and what’s on the horizon. I hope to hand this over to Jennifer tomorrowso that she can blog with you directly and you have the updates in her ownwords.
As Dr. Waziri Jennifer’s neurosurgeon promised Jennifer was finally releasedfrom the hospital late Sunday evening 12.22.13 and home for Christmas. The onecondition of leaving was the Jennifer would need to be able to walk on her ownand albeit a few steps here and there managed to fit the bill. The othercondition was that she would be released with a PICC Line so that she and Maggiecould administer 2 weeks of antibiotics.
During the first two days back home, Jennifer slept and started eating whichwill hopefully help build her strength in preparation of chemo and radiationtherapy which we will be starting in the next 2 weeks.
Our greatest gift was having her home and sharing the time with family. Nowthat everyone is gone it’s time for another two days of slumber and extremecalorie intake to get her back to a healthy wait to move forward with hertherapy.
Saturday the MD family (25+) will be headed to VA to spend time and spreadholiday cheer with Jennifer. Since we’re already sick of turkey and holidaystraditional vittles we decided to bring in some serious BBQ to mix things up abit.
I wanted to thank all of you, extended family and friends for the love, cheer,thoughts and prayers that you have extended to Jennifer and all of us.
I hope everyone has a Happy and safe New Year!!
Hi Jennifer, Mike and Maggie, I’m so glad you are all home together. Any time you feel like company let us know. We are all praying for you, hang in there. Love, Ann McDonald
—ann mcdonald, December 27, 2013
We Love You All and are here for You at any time for whatever we can do! I’ll leave the BBQ to the Expert, but I would be thrilled if I can help out with the meal of your choice! You are in our prayers g
—George McDonald II, December 27, 2013
Today’s Log 12.20.13 – Jennifer’s Recovery
December 20, 2013 Family and Friends
I hope everyone is well.
Jennifer came out of her surgery fighting like a champ. Her shunt was successfully placed in her right cerebral today and is now feeding her own body which is a miracle in itself.
Maggie and I spent the entire day with her and she was very aware of everything around her and was the most lucid we have seen her in 2 weeks. We’re in hopes to have her home Sunday and of course Christmas which now looks inevitable unless something goes sideways but it’s not in the forecast.
Thanks again for everyone’s thoughts and prayers we greatly appreciate it.
Hi Jennifer, this is Ann McDonald next door to your mom. Merry Christmas! We love you and care about you. I hope you are having a special day today. And I hope you are feeling fine. We are ok, nothing much is new, we are praying for you. Love, Ann McDonald
—George McDonald, December 25, 2013
Wonderful news! Love that fighting spirit. Kisses and hugs. Keep the good news coming…
—Sabine Campbell, December 22, 2013
Jennifer / Maggie / Mike I am glad to hear that everything is moving in the positive direction and that it looks like all will be home for Christmas… That alone will be the greatest healing event one can have. Prayers and Thoughts are always with you guys
—Lee Martin, December 21, 2013
That’s my girl Jennifer!!! Whoo Hooo!!!! Keep on fighting and we’ll all keep the prayers coming. There’s more miracles to come. I love you so much. Mwaaaaaaah!
—Serena Toia, December 20, 2013
Today 12.19.2013 Jennifer’s 4th Surgery
December 18, 2013 Family and Friends
Tomorrow, Jennifer is having her last and hopefully final surgery. I’m unsure if most of you are aware, but Jennifer has been hospitalized over the past week as a result of pressure and fluid build up on her brain post her initial brain tumor surgery. Jennifer’s 3rd surgery involved placing a drainage tube in her lower lumbar that drains brain and spinal fluid to relieve pressure as well to allow her surgical area to heal. She’s been on a drainage valve for 5 days along with a healthy dose of heavy antibiotics to fight a recent staph infection she contracted in the hospital………….yes she’s been through hell!!
As of today, the pressure has subsided and the drainage of all fluids is minimized to a point where her surgeon Dr. Waziri has decided to perform “cerebral shunt surgery”.
Cerecral Shunt as defined:
Cerebral shunts are commonly used to treat hydrocephalus, the swelling of the brain due to excess buildup of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF). If left unchecked, the cerebrospinal fluid can build up leading to an increase in intracranial pressure (ICP) which can lead to intracranial hematoma, cerebral edema, crushed brain tissue or herniation. The cerebral shunt can be used to alleviate or prevent these problems in patients who suffer from hydrocephalus or other related diseases. Shunts can come in a variety of forms but most of them consist of a valve housing connected to a catheter, the end of which is usually placed in the peritoneal cavity.
The location of the shunt is determined by the neurosurgeon based on the type and location of the blockage causing hydrocephalus. All brain ventricles are candidates for shunting. The catheter is most commonly placed in the abdomen but other locations include the heart and lungs. Shunts can often be named after the route used by the neurosurgeon. The distal end of the catheter can be located in just about any tissue with enough epithelial cells to absorb the incoming CSF.
Jennifer’s surgery is at 8am so will provide updates tomorrow afternoon on her post opp condition. Our goal is to have her home for Christma so the timing couldn’t be betther
My apologies for the brief message but need to roll. All the best to everyone
Thank you for the update! Myself & many others are praying very hard for comfort and healing. Hike up those big girl panties & fight this thing with all you have! Don’t give up hope. Love you girl!
—Serena Toia, December 19, 2013
December 18, 2013
I wanted to thank all of our family and friends for the initial posts, I shared them with Jennifer today.
I’m very behind in getting the journals setup but will be putting in time this week to walk everyone through the past few weeks so that you can then begin to follow her treatments, prognosis, progress, as well hopeful healing.
More to come……………
Jennifer, aka Thumper, I don’t know what to say except that I love you and I’ve been praying for you like crazy!
You’re a tough girl so you need to fight this with everything you have. You still owe me a phone call please get better. Love, your friend forever, Serena (aka Weiner)
—Serena Toia, December 18, 2013
Our Daughter Jennifer’s Unexpected Journey – Authored by Mike & Maggie Garvey along with Jennifer since it’s her story!
December 16, 2013
Thank you for visiting Jennifer Thompson’s “Caring Bridge” WEB Site. Please feel free to offer any comments, stories, or pictures for Jennifer so we can share them with her during her struggle with cancer.
Maggie and I started this for Jennifer while she is recovering from 3 surgeries with still one on the way resting in the ICU at INOVA Fairfax Hospital. We’re in hopes that once she recovers to a point of stability, we can bring her home so she can move her “story” or “journey” as I have taken the liberty to coin this journal and put it in her own words.
We offer love and special thanks for this idea from our dear friend Matt Rinehart whose father is also struggling with cancer and Jennifer’s “ANGEL” neurosurgeon Dr. Allen Wizari who has given us the precious days that we have with Jennifer. Also, we offer immense appreciation and gratefulness to the incredible staff and executives of INOVA Fairfax Hospital who’s providing Jennifer world class healthcare.
Last, we have always known the value and true love of family and could have never imagined walking this journey without them.
Hi Jen, Maggie & Mike- I’m just learning of Jens condition. My heart breaks that you ALL are going through so much pain. I pray Gods love and peace be with you. Give Jen a big hug from me. God Bless.
- Kayla Sloan, April 29, 2014Dear Jenn,You are in my daily thoughts and prayers. I know one day I will be where you are now. I am praying for strength for you through this. Your blessings of the love from your friends and family are surrounding you. I wish we had a chance to talk before I moved to NC. I’m here if you are able or wanting an ear. My prayers are with you and know His love is with you always. Please see my CB site as well if you wish. I’m praying for you all and sending love. Peace be with you!
- Jackie Whisenant, April 25, 2014Hey Jenny, just thinking about you right now. George Sr. says hi. Hope you had a nice day today. The weather was so nice. It’s my bedtime, nighty night. Love, Ann McD
- ann mcdonald, March 11, 2014Hey Jennifer, how do you like the blizzard outside? !! At least it’s beautiful. And I hope your day is beautiful. I’m praying for you and keeping the faith. Lots and lots of love, the McDonalds
- ann mcdonald, March 3, 2014
Linda and I are always thinking of you, miss you lots and you are in our hearts, hope you are feeling better and we will be praying for you.
Love, Glenn and Linda Easterly
- Glenn Easterly, February 27, 2014Good morning Jenn! Thinking ofYou!
Hugs and Prayers Coming Your Way! G II
- George McDonald II, February 27, 2014Hey sweetie, we hope you are feeling well and are enjoying life. Are you still “hankerin” for sweets? We will get you some this week… Love you the Lau’sLau’s
- linda lau, February 23, 2014Hi Jennifer, hope you had a nice weekend. The weather was so nice, probably 60 degrees and sunny, so I’m wishing for more warm, sunny days for you. Just want to let you know that the McDonald family is thinking about you. We love you XOXOXO
- ann mcdonald, February 23, 2014
Good morning to you, sweet girl. Just stopping by to give you an e-hug and wishing you a happy day. The sun will be shining today, hope your day is great.
- ann mcdonald, February 20, 2014Good morning sweetie!!Just want to wish you a happy, comfortable day. The McDonalds are thinking positive thoughts about you, and we hope at least one wonderful thing happens to you.
- ann mcdonald, February 19, 2014
Hope you have a wonderful Sunday! xox
- George McDonald II, February 16, 2014Happy Valentine’s day!!! Love you and thinking about you always<3
- Leslie Lau, February 15, 2014Happy Valentines Day Jennifer!! Love you lots, hope you are having a great day. The McDonalds are sending you lots of love today. Love, hugs, kisses and good wishes, all for you friend.The McDs
- ann mcdonald, February 14, 2014Love and prayers from the Hamptons! We are all pulling for you Jennifer! You have so many angels looking out for you, I know they will come through!
- Carrie Palmer, February 11, 2014Jenn, if you ever need someone to be at a treatment with you, please let me know. I’ve been through it and would be happy to meet you there anytime. Or to talk. Prayers to you
- Jackie Whisenant, February 11, 2014Hi Jenn! Thinking of You! Many Prayers! xoxox
- George McDonald II, February 9, 2014Hey Jen, wassup? How you feelin today? I spoke to Geo today, we were both praying for you. I know chemo can be nasty so I am sending you my love and support and good wishes. Remember that there are people who love you and care about you. Love,The McDonalds
- ann mcdonald, February 5, 2014
I just heard about what’s been going on. I am praying for you and your family. Knowing you are not ever alone I’m sure you are staying strong. Let me know if you ever need to talk since we’re going through similar things. Blessings to you!
Jackie Reid Whisenant
- Jackie Whisenant, February 4, 2014Hey Jennifer, happy superbowl sunday. I hope your team wins. I hope you are feeling strong and fine today. Hope your mom is cooking lots of good things for you. Love you lots, The McDonalds
- ann mcdonald, February 2, 2014Jennifer, just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you and have been since I heard the awful news. I know it has been since highschool since I have seen you but I always thought you were so funny and so nice and BEAUTIFUL and of course, a great volleyball player. I loved watching you play for our team while I was usually on the bench, lol. You are in my prayers and I hope you are feeling better than you were. Hugs girl. If you ever need anything, let me know. Seriously. XOXOXOXO 703-973-7977
- Molly Smith, February 1, 2014
Hoping to stop coughing soon so I can finally come visit ” my big sis”!!! I’ll bring some Goodies over when I do!! Hugs and Love sent your way!!
- Leslie Lau, January 30, 2014Hey girl, how’s your sweet tooth? Ready for some more chocolate? Hope you’re feeling ok today. I’m sending you an e-hug to give you strength. Love,The McD’s
- ann mcdonald, January 29, 2014Hi Jenn! How were the brownies?? Thinking of you!
- George McDonald II, January 28, 2014
I tried to post yesterday, but am computer illiterate! We just want you to eat lots of asparagus, creamed asparagus, baked asparagus, asparagus milkshakes, or asparagus covered with chocolate…. but keep eating it till your poop turns green… they say it is very good for you! we love you and pray your next venture has fantastic results!!!!!love, linda,jeff and leslie
- Leslie Lau, January 27, 2014Hi Jennifer & Maggie – Mom and I just viewed your story and pics. We are thinking of you ALL and are lifting you up in prayer daily. You are an inspiration to so many with your positive, happy attitude. Wishing you all the very best with your treatment and just please know you are in our hearts and prayers. Sending much love and hugs, Bonnie, Jenny & Dee Dick
- Bonnie Dick, January 27, 2014Hi Jenn, I am so technically challenged that I have to post and then edit in order to say Hi! Let me know what kind of movies you like, and I can see if I have it in my collection. xoxox
- George McDonald II, January 26, 2014Hey Jennygirl, just wanted to wish you sweet dreams tonight, get lots of rest. Tomorrow is another day. Have you looked out the window? MORE SNOW!!! Can you believe it? We love you, we are thinking about you. Love, the Mcd family XXXOOO
- ann mcdonald, January 25, 2014Hi Jennifer, this snow is amazing, isn’t it? I’m thinking about you because this is a big day for you. I have your back, girl! Show that tumor who’s boss!!!! God works in mysterious ways. I know he has a soft spot for you, who wouldn’t? Just go look at all those snowflakes.Love, the McD’s
- ann mcdonald, January 21, 2014Hi Jenn! Love You!! Miss You and Hope to see you soon! Stay warm and dry, and let me know if you have any food cravings I can muster up!xoxoxoxo
- George McDonald II, January 21, 2014Hey Jennifer! I hope you remember me, it’s only been like 20 years lol. So I just found out that you are really going through a tough time right now. It’s very easy for me to say, “hang in there, ” or, “keep a positive attitude,” but I’m sure many have already covered that and you are probably doing as best as you can given the circumstances. I’m definitely adding you to and keeping you in my prayers. I also want to share Jodi Orgill’s story with you in hopes of giving you some faith and encouragement. I don’t know if you ever met her at FHS, she and her family moved away but she was my neighbor in Warrenton for many years and as children we were close friends. Her story of overcoming odds close to nothing is an amazing read and really is a testament to the power of prayer. I will keep checking here and post now and then to remind you that you are thought of and prayed for. God Bless You Jennifer…http://www.lifeconstructionzone.com/p/about-my-brain-tumor.html?m=1
- Jennifer ayers, January 20, 2014Wow!!!! You are ALL fighters. I admire your drive. You go girl! I’m so proud of your courage, Jennifer. We pray for you every day, we talk about how you are doing, and we thank God for every day that you are with us. We love your fighting spirit. Don’t stop! Love, the McD’s
- ann mcdonald, January 20, 2014
Susan and I think & pray for you every day. Just wanted to swing by here and see what’s up. I hope that you’re doing well and reading this from comfort of home, not the hospital. If you feel up to it drop us a note. Hang tough, Best to you Mike & Mags
- Matt Wilson, January 19, 2014Hey baby girl , just wanted to let you know I love you ! Great seeing you ,you looked great ! See you again real soon ! Be strong ! This week will be a tough one ! I love you my girl !
- Lisa Bennett, January 16, 2014Just wanted to let you know that I’m always thinking about you & keep you in my prayers. Sending lots of love! XOXOXO
- Serena Toia, January 13, 2014Hi Jennifer, just saying hi, hope you’re having a good day. I’m sending you our best wishes for a good evening, and lots of love.The McDonalds
- ann mcdonald, January 9, 2014
Hey Jenny on the Block. The block is COLD today, hope you are warm and happy. Just wanted to let you know we are thinking about you. Hope you are all snuggly and feeling good. We care about you.
- ann mcdonald, January 7, 2014Jennifer, I’m keeping you and your family in prayer. Love ya girl!
- Tiffany Dove, January 5, 2014Hi Jennifer, glad to hear the good news about how you are feeling. Sounds like you may want to ask your mom for some turkey pot pie :). The weather is nasty, its a good time to stay inside, you aren’t missing anything. Watching any football today? Happy Birthday to Mike. Please give him a birthday spanking for us. Hugs & lots of love to all of you from the McDs.
- ann mcdonald, January 4, 2014Hi Thumper, just want to let you know that you’re constantly in my thoughts and prayers. Hope you’re feeling better and better every day. I know you have a tough road ahead but I have all the faith that you’ll continue to stay strong and fight this battle with everything you have. Just know that you’re not fighting alone, you have a lot of love, support and prayers coming your way. Love you! XOXOXO, Weiner
- Serena Toia, January 4, 2014Hi Jen Jen, glad to hear the good news. Hang in there and know that we love you and are praying for you. Love, the McDonalds
- ann mcdonald, December 30, 2013Jennifer I hope you are doing well and will be able to come home today! I’ll come over and visit(bug) you soon. :)Love you and thinking about you!
- Ryan Fowler, December 30, 2013Thanks for keeping us posted on Jenn’s journey – crazy twists and turns. Hope she is able to come home today (12/30). Hope she rec’d and liked the glass guardian angel. Thinking of you and sending nothing but good thoughts & prayers your way. Hang tough – love ya – Susan & Matt
- susan w, December 30, 2013Hey Honey , Thinking about you everyday ! Can’t wait to see you ! I love you !
- Lisa Bennett, December 30, 2013Merry Monday Jenn, Hugs Hugs Hugs!!!
- George McDonald II, December 30, 2013Hi Jen, hugs from the McDonalds. I hope youre having a happy, pain free day.
- ann mcdonald, December 29, 2013Hey girl, how ya doing today? I’m sending you a great big hug, praying for you. I hope you laugh and feel the love today. I like the photo you posted, you look so much like your mom. love, Ann McDonald & family
- ann mcdonald, December 28, 2013Jennifer,
You’re in the Lau’s thought’s and prayers. We love you!!!! We would love to bring you your favorite yummy food… what would that be, and when do you want it????? Lots of love, Leslie , Linda and Jeff <3
- Leslie Lau, December 27, 2013Hey Jen, love you. Hang in there and know that we are praying for you, love, Ann McDonald
- ann mcdonald, December 27, 2013
- George McDonald II, December 27, 2013Thinking of you, and praying for you and your family. May God strengthen you and uphold you with His righteous hand!
- Tiffany Dove, December 27, 2013Saying a prayer for you and your family!! Praying hard lady!!!
If there is anything we can do can someone let us know??
- Darrell Andes, December 25, 2013Jennifer, Maggie and Mike, I hope y’all are having a wonderful Christmas. Jennifer, you’re in all my thoughts and prayers. I pray that you’re feeling better every day. Love you! XOXOXO
- Serena Toia, December 25, 2013Merry Christmas Jennifer I love you baby girl ! Prayer everyday your pain goes away .
- Lisa Bennett, December 24, 2013Our love to everyone and wishes for a Merry Christmas! You are all always in our thoughts and prayers. Much love Gavin, Sabine, Killian and Teagan.
- Sabine Campbell, December 22, 2013
Jennifer – Hope you have had a restful weekend and are feeling stronger each day and hope that plans are coming along to get you home for Christmas so you can be with your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. Hope you have a wonderful Christmas at home with your Mom and Mike. All our love – Melissa & Sonny
Maggie & Mike – I’m so glad you called Friday to let me know what was going on with Jennifer. You all are in our thoughts and prayers. Wishing you much love in having Jennifer home for the holidays! Hugs
and prayers to you all. Love – Melissa & Sonny
- Melissa Lawrence, December 22, 2013Hoping that you are home with your Momma, resting peacefully & comfortable. Love you, hope to see you real soon. XOXOXO
- Serena Toia, December 22, 2013It was very nice to speak with you Jen. I wish all the best and you are in my thoughts. Please know I have been thinking of you. you are an incredable person and such a strong spirit. You have so many friends pulling for you! Love you Jen!!
- Drew Stone, December 20, 2013Thinking about you Jennifer! Lots of prayers coming your way this morning. I hope your surgery goes well. I love you!
- Serena Toia, December 20, 2013
You have an amazing amount of people pulling for you . People you don’t even know, they ask about you daily and pray for you. We love you so much. Keep that strong spirit going.
Love you bunches,
Aunt Linda and Uncle Mike
- Linda Hoffmann, December 16, 2013“When it’s hard to be positive……Have Hope. It works wonders for those who have it. Be optimistic. People who expect things to turn out for the best often set the stage to receive a beautiful result. Count your blessings. Be inspired to climb your ladders and have some nice, long talks with your wishing stars. Be strong and patient, gentle and wise. Believe is happy endings – because you are the author of the story of your life.” By Douglas PagelsJennifer – though we are physically miles apart, you are close in our thoughts and our prayers. Hugs and kisses! Matt and Susan
- susan w, December 16, 2013
It was great to see you the other day when I was in town, sorry that it was under such circumstances. Mike & Mags have been keeping us in the loop as to the latest. Just know that we’re pulling for ‘ya all the way over here in AZ and sending good thoughts and prayers your way. Kick this things ass, we hope to see you soon!
Matt, Susan and Bear
— Matt Wilson, December 16, 2013